Being registered under the VAT law means that a business is acknowledged by the government, as a supplier of Goods and Services and is authorized to collect VAT from customers and remit the same to the government. Only VAT registered businesses will be allowed to do the following:
- Charge VAT on taxable supply of goods and services
- Claim Input Tax Credit on VAT paid on their purchases, which will be deducted from VAT liability on sales
- Payment of VAT to the government
- Periodic filing of VAT return
Apart from the above, all registered businesses have to align their business reporting structure in line with the compliance requirements such as accurate and updated books of accounts, tax paid documents such as Tax invoice, credit notes, debit notes, records to all inward supplies and outward supplies etc. are required to be maintained.
Therefore, understanding the fundamentals of VAT will be one of the important steps for your VAT preparation and obtaining VAT registration will be the first step towards transiting your businesses to the VAT era.
- GCC tax filing
- Accounting and auditing services
- Taxation services
- Financial statements
- Payroll assistance services
- Accounts payable
- Tax planning and compliance strategies